Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Healthy Living: Goals

Hey, remember that time I said I was going to start posting about trying to be healthier? Oh-ho-ho. Time got away from me, didn't it? Okay, maybe it hasn't been that long since I posted that, but in blogging-time it feels like centuries between posts sometimes.

This conceptualized post was like this nagging thing that hung in the back of my mind when I would check for comments on Blogger or check my calendar. That mental reminder only went off for about 2 seconds, and then I would forget about it again. I guess that was a subconscious measure of avoidance, though, wasn't it?

I'm not scared,  you are.


Once I've put it out there, it's out there, though.

Last winter was when I gained my weight back that I had lost before. It was rough realizing that. I even remember the exact moment, and I didn't take it well. Ever since then, it's either been a bit more of a gain or just staying at the same weight, annoyingly enough. I'm over the predictability. I've been treating my mind and spirit well, but that can easily crumble if I'm not doing my part for the rest of me, too. At the point of posting this, I'm looking at my two favorite apps: Google Fit and MyPlate, trying to figure out a solid, permanent game plan. My goal is to drop back down to 150lbs, at least, because that was a good weight for me and my body type, but my first stretch goal is a 15-pound loss.

I did pretty good - prepping my meals and eating light, and I dropped 5lbs in that first week - but then my period happened. Ho-hum. Now that it's over, though, I'm back to working hard at it. It felt nice to be seeing results on the scale as I was, but I know it won't be that easy the whole time.

I've noticed an overall change in myself, as well, though. I just don't feel well when I eat some of the more terrible things I used to eat. I feel dehydrated, greasy and groggy. I don't like feeling that way. I like having energy and feeling motivated.

It's going to be hard to balance the comfort food with the healthy meals now that we're in the colder season, but I think I'm just going to go for more light alternatives of my favorites. As I mentioned before, I will try for a weekly check-in with some yummy snapshots of the foods I ate, and a counter for how I did through tracking MyPlate and Google Fit. If you have any goals for staying fit, hit me up. Comradery is important.

4 comments:

  1. Wow well done babe! I m currently on a very healthy living because I'm an expecting mommy so it has to bee done! I will need to get back to jogging after babys here! Respect hun! keep it up! Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely day!
    Dominica from www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support! :D Definitely trying to work hard at it.

      Delete
  2. I think it's so important, and I'm really glad you mentioned it, that taking care of yourself is multifaceted - mind, body and spirit. Keep up the work! Sounds like you're motivated and on the right track :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! And thanks! So far I've done really well this week. Might wait until next Saturday for my next post/check-in about it because this one came in so late.

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.