Friday, August 5, 2016

Zoo + Pokéventure




Have you been playing Pokémon Go? I have been. I have been a lot. In fact, my phone is currently dead because I've been playing it on my breaks at work. Thankfully I invested in a portable battery for such a charging need.

On Sunday, I went to the zoo with my Team Mystic fellow Chip and her husband Bryan - who is on another team, but we'll just ignore that fact. I went wearing my Fuschia Gym shirt and carrying my Deerling plushie in my bookbag. The zoo is a known Charmander nest - meaning many spawn there, if you weren't familiar with that type of terminology. We caught many Charmanders, tons of other Pokémon as well. We also got to see seals, walruses, gibbons, elephants, sharks, jellyfish, random other fish, otters, goats, leopard cubs, and most importantly tigers. I love tigers. There were about four tigers in this one area of the zoo, and it took everything I had not to cry when I saw these tigers.

I had forgotten all about Pokémon or the other animals at the zoo. All I cared about were the tigers. Two looked like they wanted to eat me, and I would have welcomed it. They deserve the best, after all.

Once we had outstayed our welcome at the zoo, we headed to a park just next door. There were a ton of people of all ages - at least half of them playing Pokémon Go, all searching for the remainder of the Charmander for the night. There were some absolutely stunning gardens in the park and a cute pond with ducks.

I was more than a little exhausted by the end of it all, but it was one of the best weekends I have had in a while. And I was able to evolve a Charmander into a Charmeleon when I got home.









2 comments:

  1. Ah, so fun! I love the Point Defiance zoo, and my husband loves Pokemon Go. Maybe I'll convince him we need to go now. :D

    Kristina | www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do it! It's really so fun. :D

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.