Saturday, August 13, 2016

Letter & Email Writing



Recently I was struck with the urge to email my friend Ariel. I'm not completely sure what made me want to do it, but it was nice to send a really long email to someone that I've been missing lately. She and I just can't seem to sync up, even over text messages. Ignoring the fact that I likely overwhelmed her with the length of my last email, it's been nice to really get to the core of letter writing, digitally.

Ariel and I love email and letters. We actually do both. The busier that you get, though, the harder it can be to actually sit down to write a letter, find stamps and send it off. That takes a bit more dedication and time out in a week, and sometimes being an adult means you don't feel like you ever have time. The reward of getting through a lovely letter makes it worth it in the end, though. So, thank goodness we have email and the internet, I guess is what I'm saying.

If you'd like to swap emails with me, I'd love to talk with you, too! Feel free to email me anytime! We'll swap novels about our lives.

----------

In other news, I have plans for some more series on this blog and bringing some more consistent content to this space on the internet of mine. I hope you enjoy it all once it starts rolling in. If you look to the right at my tags section, you'll get a tease of what some of those plans are.

6 comments:

  1. I've also been meaning to write to a bunch of friends recently (I'm guilty of receiving letters and forgetting to reply) but finding the time to actually write can definitely be tough. Plus there's pressure to be succinct when there's no 'delete' button to erase my ramblings and mistakes! Email always struck me as a little less personal, but I'm quickly coming round to the idea.

    Also, I'm looking forward to what you have planned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks, Abigail! I hope that you are able to find the time to write either email or letters.

      Delete
  2. I sometimes wished my bestie and I would write emails because the art of it is surprising. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you two - or you and any bestie you have in your life - should definitely do it sometime. just surprise them with an email. that's kinda what i did to her, haha.

      Delete
  3. I've been meaning to really get stuck into writing people. It really bugs me how busy the world is now with Facebook and unlimited message - it all causes me a headache AND THE PRESSURE. My word.

    Good on you for tapping out an email, they definitely seem more personal I believe. Anyone can hit someone up on facey.

    I have really missed your blog, and you.
    Congrats on getting your space some regular contents - that's something I also struggled with. You've inspired Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 <3 <3 I hope I see you around again more often

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.