Tuesday, July 26, 2016

I think I'm still learning forgiveness.

I can actually remember many times where I've hesitated to say the word "hate," but few times that I have actually felt hate. I don't like to toss that word around loosely. I even find guilt abound whenever I do dare to say the word "hate" - especially while directed at someone else. I'm sure this guilt comes from some part of my upbringing - that Baptist, southern guilt that tells you hating is just above murder on the scale of inner sin.

I'm stuck in a place where I recognize the feeling I have as forgiveness, or reconciliation, but the actual act that is being forgiven I shouldn't want to forget and let go of. Sometimes people make it really hard to just give them a second chance.

Anyway, I say all of this to say, I hope you aren't living with hate in your heart. I hope that you have love and forgiveness. Truly. 

2 comments:

  1. This just hit my heart so much. I am living this inner turmoil right at this moment... and that is my question. Can I forgive someone truly but not let them back in my life? I feel like some situations just don't merit a second chance... Forgiveness is just so... deep. thanks for sharing xX you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 glad to know that i am not alone, but also i hope you find your healing and forgiveness soon. because being here isn't exactly great, even in numbers.

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.