Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Baseball

I really, really missed baseball.

I used to attend Braves games back in Atlanta a lot. And when I wasn't doing that, I was attending nearly every softball game that my best friend Melody was in. And when I wasn't doing that, I was playing baseball and softball recreationally through programs at school, church, in my backyard and with the neighborhood kids. It's always been a huge part of my life. One of the first things my dad taught me how to do was pitch, catch and hit. We spent hours in the backyard playing.

I love the atmosphere of baseball - people getting into the spirit of the game, spending time outdoors, eating hot dogs, drinking beer, doing the wave, stomping across the bleachers to make more noise, and cheering when there's a double, triple or home run. Summer days watching baseball games always puts me in the best spirits. There's something so relaxing and calming about being in a place, enjoying a good sport, as the sun gets softer and sets and the air gets cooler. I wish I could bottle those moments up and never let them go.




This is only 1/3 of the group, but it's the only picture I have and I stole it. Yes, I was trying to look grumpy. The frontman, Tristan, is my play-nemesis.



We had a morale event with our coworkers Tuesday night. We headed to Safeco field in Seattle and watched the Mariners take on the White Sox. We lost 6-1, but it was still a great game. I was probably bound to feel that way, anyway. I just enjoyed every second of being there. I can finally cross off a Mariners game from my list of things I have yet to do in Seattle.

Now I just need an excuse to get out there more often and find someone who will go with me. 

3 comments:

  1. You had a friend named Melody growing up?! That's crazy! I've literally only met 3 other people with my name irl.
    Since I moved to Dallas I haven't been to a Rangers game! I used to go most summers growing up when I was like 2 hours away. Now I'm 30 minutes, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha hopefully you can manage to sneak in some baseball time on some time off! It had been way too long since i got to a game.

      And yes! She's my bestestestest friend, haha. She's been my partner in crime for 15 years. It's important to have a Melody.

      Delete
  2. Nice pics, nice blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.