Thursday, April 7, 2016

Turkey and cranberry sandwiches.



Today I made the decision to make myself get up and walk. This probably wasn't my best idea given that I had just worn my legs out walking home from a meeting at work Monday, but I knew that if I didn't get out there and write something, I never would. After I wrote for a little while at Starbuck's, I remembered that downtown there is a relatively new pastry bakery. The sign for the place is honestly really unassuming and doesn't remind me of a bakery, but when you walk in all the goodies are a dead giveaway.

The place is called Hoffman's. They have tiramisu, macaroons, scones, specialty cakes, coffee, tea, sandwiches, quiches, soups and salads. I got their turkey and cranberry sandwich on a butter croissant. It was so light and delicious. I got the combo with a salad - lettuce, chickpeas, onions, tomatoes and raspberry vinaigrette.

So while I wrote, I enjoyed the delicious food and gazed out the window, happy that it's spring and 74-degrees. (And the fact that I walked there meant I didn't have to feel guilty for devouring Hello Panda and Pocky with Tripp after dinner.) Savannah was working from home with a headache, so I dropped by and delivered her her own sandwich, and she was very grateful. It's good to try the new things in town. There is actually a restaurant that I keep forgetting to try not that far from Hoffman's. Perhaps I'll take Savannah when she's feeling better.

P.S. The Community Blog with Savannah that I mentioned before has now launched to its fullest capacity through the official Xbox platform community.xbox.com Click on the name for more. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Mmh this sounds and looks delicious! it#s so important to step out of your comfort zone and explore new places, be it food-wise or in any other way. I love to discover potential new favourite places in my city too.
    It also was so nice of you to bring a sandwich for someone else. :)

    Bad Taste Toast - My Life and Style in Düsseldorf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! you're so right. especially if there's a chance to explore more foods, then exploring and stepping outside makes the trip soo much fun. :D

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.