Sunday, January 31, 2016

AM

When your body is at a loss for sleep, but you still keep fighting on, I'm not sure what that is, that perseverance, but I'm thankful I have it.

If you haven't guessed by now, the lack of sleep has definitely been getting to me. Granted, I've been getting somewhere in the range of 5-1/2 to 7 hours of sleep each night--forcing myself to actually go to bed--but I've lost my luster to do much else on these days. If this is what my next month is going to be like (exhaustion and lethargy) then I'm not so sure I could ever do this again.

Despite his whining, though, I'm incredibly grateful to have a husband who cares enough about me that he'll stay up at 4 a.m. (which is something he does already on the weekends) and take me to work so I don't have to go to the bus stop in the cold. I'm incredibly grateful for the friends who recognized that my body isn't accustomed to what I'm putting it through and just giggle and say, "Go take a nap," if I'm feisty. I'm incredibly grateful for everything these days.

I'm not saying I have clarity in the wake of my exhaustion, but I'm saying that it hasn't hurt, either.

6 comments:

  1. You poor thing! I can't imagine having to get up so early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not anything my body knows how to handle.

      Delete
  2. Oh man, I remember the days of waking up at 3:30am to get to work by 4am. SO NOT FUN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not. At. All. Three shots of espresso today.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hey thanks. :) I think I got it at some random place like JC Penney in the mall or something. :P

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.