Saturday, November 28, 2015

Grateful



This autumn I have felt a myriad of emotions while also diving into as much apple-delicious and pumpkin-spiced everything that I can. I've shared some of those worst emotions with all of you here this month. This hasn't been my finest hour in terms of positivity, but that's how life goes sometimes. It's always a matter of perspective--waking up each day, determined to feel something different and good.

It may not be Thanksgiving here in America anymore, but that's no reason to stop being grateful. (And even though I wasn't with family, I was with friends and work family and we had a great time, so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to some good eating and laughs.) Be sure you remind the people in your life, always, that they mean something to you. Respect them, love them, and respect and love yourself. Be the best you you can be for yourself and those around you.

Despite the sadness that this past month has brought me, I am truly grateful for each and every one of you--for the friends I have made through blogging, for the ones who have stuck by me for years, for my husband, and for my job and life here in Seattle.

Sure, this ol' Southern girl misses Georgia, but I'm happy with where I am and what I'm doing. And I'm thankful to be so blessed with so much in my life.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving, and have such a great outlook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily. I hope you had an awesome one, as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear the past month has been hard, keep thinking positive!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.