Tuesday, September 15, 2015

"What have you written lately?"


(Photo source.)

"What is this?"
"'Breakfast at Tiffany's'"
"So she's Tiffany?"
"No."
"Then what's the point?"

Really, I should make him sit down and watch several classics with me. Especially since Holly is the epitome of me in the opening scene--spent way too much time getting ready for the day only to wander around stuffing her face with food (I say while eating pasta at 1 a.m.).

My laptop is at 9 hours and 40 minutes of battery life and I don't work tomorrow so that means writing, and writing whatever comes to mind. First, though, I have a draft for an article I should have finished some time ago for a set of editors for a gaming magazine. Then there are poems and essays I want to start and complete. Then there is whatever else I have muse for in the end. Maybe nerdy Fanfiction, maybe something scandalous, maybe something intensely felt and promising. Anyway, that's what days off--and the nights that precede them--are meant for, I like to think.

Perhaps I'll find the right mush in the cushions on the couch that I won't want to move all night/morning. Don't be surprised if you see me, on Snapchat or Twitter later, with a coffee in hand trekking through bookstores, the library or settled with an open document or notepad somewhere serene tomorrow. Who knows what you'll fine when you spend some time somewhere else for a little while.

6 comments:

  1. Definitely make him watch more classics with you!

    I love your new blog look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, you have such a wonderful diary-style blog here! xx I just found you, actually, and I'm already head over heels for this blog. xx <3
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Thank you so much, Sanjana. I hope you continue to like the stuff I have here and end up following. :)

      Delete
  3. hi, you have a really great blog :)
    I really like how you write
    You may agree to follow for follow?
    it would be great :)
    kisses from Polish: *
    ayuna-chan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayuna-Chan!

      Thanks so much for dropping by my blog. I hope you'll come by again soon. :)

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.