Thursday, September 10, 2015

Perfection




How Do I Love Thee? (Sonnet 43)

Elizabeth Barrett Browning, 1806 - 1861


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace. [...]

Here are the top three things that make me the happiest tonight.
  1. A husband that loves me so dearly and will come home from work excited to take me out on a date night. Look at that man's beautiful face. There's nothing more beautiful to me in this world.
  2. Having a job that pays and one that I feel I am good at. There is something very fulfilling about finding satisfaction in your work. Whether that is your day job or following your dreams for nothing, find something. 
  3. Having a passion beyond my day job: writing. Without the written word, and without my constant fuel and muse to write, I wouldn't likely be where I am today. 
 Even through all the frustrations of life, choose happiness not because you have to, but because you have it. Find what makes you happy and hold onto it for dear life. And don't be afraid to be happy or to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.