Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Hello September



Fall is slowly approaching, which means a few things: pumpkin everything, sweaters, scarves, boots, my favorite layered looks, more hot cocoa, a bit of rain (which I just got kicked off of my apartment patio by some rain), a bit of wind, a lot of leaves everywhere and NaNoWriMo.

The last one feels like it's fast approaching, actually, which is a scary thing if you're a writer looking to participate.

So I've decided to do a bit of training.

September: 15k words
October: 25k words
November, the big kahuna: 50k words.

Now that means, since it's September 1, I need to get this writing party started--which I plan to do even more so than I have lately. Seriously, if you all knew just how much I've been writing already... I wish I could share it with you all. Maybe a literary magazine or two will finally pick up some of my pieces (still waiting to hear something back), and then we'll know. My muse is at an all-time high. I even wrote a few songs recently which I haven't done in quite some time. I'm hoping this muse stays for a while.

On top of that, we spent some time the other day in the city, and we're about to go back tonight for dinner with old high school friends of mine that are in town. Honestly, props go to Tripp for being willing to even go anywhere after work tonight--especially downtown. I hope he knows how much I love and appreciate him.

So before I get ready for that, I'm going to write. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I have never participated, but have always wanted to. I think that will be my goal for next year! I hope that you share some of your writing with us if you feel up to it. Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely share anything small that I like but may not try submitting anywhere. I do miss sharing my writing with you all terribly.

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.