Monday, September 21, 2015

Five Years



Look at those smiles. That picture was taken right before our first summer apart, when I had to go home after my sophomore year of college to Atlanta to be with my family for 2 months. It seems like such a long time ago now. And we look like such babies.

At 2 a.m. the other night, I suddenly realized that the day we started something beautiful was coming up soon. Granted, I'm not always one for desperately keeping up with dates--I'm actually the worst at even remembering people's birthdays--but I still couldn't help myself from smiling. September 21, 2010, that guy up there, Tripp (or as his other nickname Trey that some of you may know/have heard me refer to him as) asked me to be his girlfriend.

Five years ago to the day.

Who would have known that we would survive my stressful college years tackling the university newspaper as a staff writer to eventual Editor-in-Chief? Or that he would find a job that he loves all the way out on the West Coast and move that far to follow his dreams out of Georgia? Or that I would one day marry him and follow him myself after graduating and moving out? Or that we would have survived that year 3,000 miles apart before getting married? Or that he could put up with me--the weirdest of weirdos--purposefully on a daily basis?

Who would have known I could love someone as much as I love him? Five years and counting.





Seriously, we look like actual adults here compared to the other picture. Five years is a weird amount of time.

4 comments:

  1. Aaw look at you two! How cute! Congratulations and all the best, 5 years is a long time and I hope you'll make 50 out of the 5! :)

    Bad Taste Toast - A German/Australian Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was so lovely. I am so happy when I see posts of happy couples who have been together for a long time. I am currently single and am definitely enjoying time to discover more about myself, but I cannot wait until I get into the next relationship and get to spend those lovely cozy nights on the sofa watching netflix. Congratulations to you two. It's so nice to see couples who have made it for so many years.

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Rae. The time before I met Tripp was my single time where I learned about myself and got cozy with who I was. It's such a cool time. And once you hit that mark in your life where you're ready to invite someone else in, that's even cooler. :D

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.