Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Where am I going with this?

Have you ever had one of those days where you're supposed to be half-ready for work and almost out the door? Yeah, okay. That's me today. Instead I'm sitting in bed, perusing my usual blogs I read--I will leave more consistent comments here int he future. Sorry, y'all. You know how my blog hiatuses go.

I've been thinking a lot about my new website/portfolio, where I want to go with the goals I've laid out for myself, and where I want to take this blog with me. I've had this thing since 2008, and it's been a loyal companion. I'm not about to pick up and move to another spot. (Although I do admire those who do.) I've been too devoted to the pieces I've written, the random life moments I've shared and the things that have inspired me.

But let's face it...

I'm not the same kid I was when I started this thing in high school.

I laugh when I say it now--because who authorized me to be an adult?--but I am 24 years old, will be 25 in October, and even my goals have changed drastically over the years.

So moving forward, I do want to share more (not over-share, but just share), but they'll be less about my nonfiction pieces--because I want to save those for my own writing/editing circle of friends, and eventually wherever I try to submit them for publication--and more about my thoughts, my life and who I am. I've done a bit of this in the past, but I want to do more. I guess they're like selfish testimonials or something?

I have removed some older pieces that I don't care for anymore, some random posts that weren't really necessary, but kept the bulk of what I had and what speaks volumes to where this blog has been.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm ready to get back into blogging officially. I missed you all. Hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.