Thursday, June 25, 2015

Learning, A Sequel From Another Time

Today the stress was too much. Maybe you can relate?

From the moment I woke up, I knew that it wasn't going to be my best day. Something just felt off. That sounds like I was being defeatist from the start--and maybe some part of me was--but it took a lot to smile today.

“Have patience with all things but first of all with yourself.
— Saint Francis de Sales

(You can thank Anna for that quote, by the way.)

I had a meeting today with one of my bosses, and I just fell apart the moment the hint of frustration was in my voice. This isn't the first time that this has happened, but I feel as if I need a serious break. And if this isn't the first time I'm losing my wits in my boss's office, that means something is definitely wrong. I'm doing everything I can to not dwell on the need for a vacation and make my state of mind worse. I've been at this job for just over a year, and maybe that's also part of the problem--I'm used to some sort of reprieve by now.

I'm also more frustrated at the structure of things, than anything else. Don't get me wrong--I still love this job. Every job has its ups and downs, though.

But we just have to keep on truckin', even when we don't want to. And I'm telling myself that more than you.

I let things build up too much. And I need to stop.

2 comments:

  1. Acknowledging your frustration is a good, healthy step! Most people just end up having meltdowns (hi). It sounds like a break is much-needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) I'm hoping to get one soon, for sure.

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.