Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Winter



"It's 32-degrees" is the first thing I remember hearing that morning, but my mind was so foggy I could have sworn I had imagined it when I woke up hours later. I should have listened.

The wind beat against my chest and my ears turned red as I made my way through town, dreaming of a hot latte and a good book. This will be my first, true winter here.

I remember being here for a rosy-colored visit, and I remember buying a beanie to keep my head warm. I remember holding hands when we didn't have gloves, and I remember a hot meal at the end of the night with the heater turned on. But I didn't live in it. I don't remember it the way that other residents do.

But that's okay, because I am making my own memories in the cold, complete with my favorite Starbucks drink (Caramel Apple Spice Latte), knit sweaters and Christmas decorations that may be up too early, but almost not early enough for me.


6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear/see about your winter. You make me excited about it all <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see pictures of your wedding! :D

      Delete
  2. Aw that's well written, love how you worded this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quite looking forward to the winter, and I must say your festive Starbucks sounds better than our Toffee Nut Latte...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah man... Toffee Nut... For the last year of college I lived off of a Venti Iced Coffee with Half & Half and a shot of Toffee Nut. It was perfect. During finals and projects, it was a Trenta, haha.

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.