Thursday, October 9, 2014

24


The picture on the left was a birthday gift from my friend Chip. She's an awesome artist, and a wonderful coworker.

Yesterday, October 8, I turned 24. That's so weird to say, but it was a great birthday. I even gained some weight because I decided to just pig out the entire week--the fact makes me laugh, even. (I topped off my birthday last night with a big box from Taco Bell, just for kicks.)



One of the cool things about having an October birthday, is that it comes at the beginning of autumn--one of my two favorite seasons (winter being the other). I love autumn for the same reasons many do: beautiful colors, the crunch of leaves under your feet, the cool air, the clothes and the neverending supply of pumpkin pie anything.

October is definitely one of my favorite months, but because I get to see the world around me take on a new shape--my birthday is just a nice kick.

We went to an early birthday dinner at one of my favorite places in town, Tipsy Cow Burger Bar, Monday night. It was a fun night out, and we even managed to get the waitress we had the first time we went, who is always really cool.



A very berry milkshake that was "tipped" with vodka. It was gooood.

This time around, I got the Winemaker burger which had alfalfa sprouts, caramelized onions, and then of course the cheese and the burger itself. It was great, but really messy. I also got sweet potato fries.

On my actual birthday, I had a very relaxing time. I spent most of the day at home, doing nothing, and then I did end up hanging out with some people, but pretty much just sat around enjoying the company. It was exactly what I needed for a day off and a birthday.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect birthday week! Happy belated! I have an October birthday as well. It really is the best month for a birthday, just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, that's awesome. When is your birthday? And yes, it is the BEST for birthdays. :D

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! That food looks so tasty! Glad you had such a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated, and it sounds like you had an amazing week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.