Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Lucky

Have you ever wondered how you could be so lucky?

Some days are just bad days, but bad days do not make for bad weeks. Today was a bad day, for both me and the one currently snoozing hard in the bedroom several feet from me. In different ways, for different reasons--even while apart--we managed to have bad days or just bad moments in our day overall. While I was beyond happy to come home and have my day off tomorrow, when I came home I could not have predicted that the one waiting for me had a horrible day and needed more comfort than me.

Which is why I'm lucky. Because we have each other when the going gets tough, and to remind each other that when you wake up the next day it'll be a fresh start. Best of all, he'll be there when I wake up tomorrow, too. I just hope I'm some sort of comfort to that snoring man when he wakes.

4 comments:

  1. Awww! What a sweet post! It is true, once you are married, you have a partner to get you through. Glad that you can be there for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you and sideburns are there for each other all the time, too. <3

      Delete
  2. that's sweet. it certainly is nice to have someone who "balances" our own crazy life!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! :) Thanks for dropping by, friend.

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.