Monday, July 14, 2014

Pride

"Pride makes us artificial and humility makes us real." - Thomas Merton

I have strong opinions and a strong voice when I need it, but I hate to impose myself. I am constantly my biggest critic, and I am always trying to keep myself in line with a more humble path. However critical we are of ourselves, though, we all have pride in something. What's worse about my pride is it's unpredictable and rocky. I don't always know when I will be shaken.

What I'm learning is how to cope--how to be better and understand that criticism helps you grow. (And how not to embarrass so easily.) I've always known life is a learning experience, but admitting you're wrong isn't easy no matter how many years you've had to do it. Some of us never learn how.

4 comments:

  1. I really like this post, just sharing your thoughts on a topic :)
    I think that neither pride nor humility are the right way, personally.
    pride is making yourself bigger than others while humility is making yourself smaller.
    I dont know thats just me i feel like there should be a middle way, a sort of humble pride !?!?
    Meeting everyone face to face, rather than looking up at them or down on them....
    have a great day!

    -Marina
    www.astrologymarina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good point! I can see the merit in that. :)

      Delete
  2. This was such a well-written post! I know you can get there dude, the first step is admitting. You are a strong girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.