Wednesday, July 23, 2014

100 Words: Poetry on Buses



There's a bottle of booze in every hand and a youth that speaks to Death Cab for Cutie or the Clash. The mountains speak to you like a wall instead of an adventure to be had. You've seen those clouds for too long, and you're desperate for some light.

Seattle is a city and home is a state of mind you've never found. With the grit of a harbored juvenile you hold the sharpie as tightly as you remember holding your mother's hand and write out a crude sign on the side of the road that reads, "Take me anywhere."

***This is not a reflection of me at all, it's fiction. Just thought I would point out I still love it here just as much as I did when I visited last December.***

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem! It's so cathartic for me to write fiction, even though I don't do it often. This reminds me I should get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It definitely can do something to just pour into something that isn't about you. Less pressure, just creativity.

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.