Thursday, April 10, 2014

An Adjustment



There's still a lot to be learned about this city. I learned that calling those white tank tops typically worn as undershirts as "wife beaters" in Seattle is grounds for judgmental stares, but in some of the surrounding cities, it's fine. In Georgia, it's just a common name for them. The other night we walked to Subway and got some sandwiches and walked back, so I now know how far away food is from the apartment, if I'm ever feeling sushi or subs or even pizza.

Monday night, we went with a friend to see "Captain America: the Winter Soldier," and the theatre we went to had premium tickets where a waiter came to serve you, and every premium seat was actually a recliner with a pillow and blanket. There, I learned that I like turkey, brie and apple butter panini.

I can't say I'm disappointed in anything I'm learning about this city, but it is still an adjustment sometimes. The culture and the people in the south I still miss from time-to-time. We don't take things too seriously, and our cities aren't full of nothing but hipsters and grunge addicts. Georgia has a little bit of everything. But I am enjoying this city of nerds, I fit in here pretty well here.

6 comments:

  1. These are great pictures, i definitely know what you mean about the wife beater thing. Before moving i'd never heard that word before & when people would refer to a tank top as a wife beater I'd get so confused! haha

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha that's funny! thanks for reading! ;)

      Delete
  2. Naw, getting to know a new environment after moving is superinteresting and fun but can also be hard, I know. I felt similar when I moved to where I live now seven years ago. But if you take it as a new adventure and explor the place like it's a new playground, maybe you will really have fun then! :)
    This cinema sounds amazing and this panini too1 Wish we had such a place here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh trust me, it's definitely an adventure

      Delete
  3. Sounds like both good and awkward experiences, but mostly fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah, that pretty much sums it up, and me.

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.