Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Clouds and Evergreen Trees



The Seattle area is different: in people, environment, climate and style. There are bands here I've always loved from miles away that are signed to labels nearly next door. There are more bicycles here than I've ever seen anywhere--even on a college campus. The hipster crowd is abundant and so is the organic section of each market, but it's a little taste of something different. Less Paula-Deen-servings of butter, less Garth Brooks, less humidity.



I may not know what I'm going to do yet. I have ideas, and I'm taking my time. But when I look and see all the evergreen trees and mountains I feel at home and I feel at peace. At least for now, this is where I think I'm supposed to be.

4 comments:

  1. looks like a beautiful place to be. Glad to hear your adjusting well, it sounds like such a change culture wise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful adventure. It's so amazing to start fresh somewhere new and end up falling in love with your new home. Seattle is wonderful, and if my life would have turned out perfectly according to plan, I definitely would have ended up there too :)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.