Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day



Sometimes during our darkest times, we have to examine what it is that makes us happiest. It's better to accept the bad and move on than it is to dwell in it. Among many things I have learned in my life, that was probably the hardest lesson to learn--and I'm still learning it. People take journals for granted. You can freely say what you are feeling; the words are only for you.

I try to not write about what hurts but hope for better things to come, or words that are full of the love and happiness I can presently be thankful for. And if I do write about what hurts, I eventually move on, because I can't afford to hurt more than what's healthy for me. And only you can decide that for yourself.

It's Valentine's Day, and even though I do not celebrate it much myself with Trey (it's just so hard to even go out when the roads are swarmed with chocolate and rose-buyers trying hard to impress their loved ones), I do appreciate that, in some way--even if Hallmark has a bit to do with it--there is another holiday devoted to love. It's kind of comforting.

"Wherever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius

----------

*If you have not purchased Staying Strong: 365 Days a Year by Demi Lovato, you should. It's a very good book for staying positive and following your heart and appreciating others.

**Also: I'm getting married in one week!

2 comments:

  1. I'll definitely look into that book! I'm always open to books like that :). Also, you're getting married in ONE WEEK? Girl, congratulations!!! I'm a few months out and I'm giddy and so anxious already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! And congrats to you, too!

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.