Monday, February 17, 2014

Life Just Is



My dreams get weirder the older I get. I've found myself dreaming about living in distant lands, or places at home that look nothing like home. I dream that I'm still a student, or that I'm a warrior. I've even dreamt that I was on my way to Hogwarts upon the Hogwarts Express. (God, how I desperately wished that one were true.) Experts say that the dreams we wake up remembering are sometimes a mashup of the several dreams we have throughout the night. While the science behind dream exploration is interesting, I find it more interesting for it to be just a mystery. Why did I have a man that rivals Bane when he's had a shot of the Titan serum coming after me in one dream? Why did, the very next night, I dream that I was in Seattle with the Beatles? These are things that probably don't need an answer, much like life.

I hate to subscribe to "everything happens for a reason," though I do believe it. I believe in fate, but I also believe that life is full of many experiences, losses, gains and mishaps that cannot always be explained. Life itself is unpredictable. Those who spend too much time trying to predict it aren't spending enough time experiencing what is. Bad things happening to people doesn't have to do with whether or not that person was good or bad. Sometimes, the wrong move, no matter how subtle, can inadvertently cause a bad thing to happen. That's just how consequential and uncalculated life really is. I can be a very spiritual person, but just because I am doesn't mean I believe my life will pan out like a fairy tale. It already hasn't. It just means I have comfort in knowing that I can handle whatever comes my way.

1 comment:

  1. I feel much the same. Life happens to us and we happen to it. We aren't always in control but if we go with the flow, it can feel that way. For sure.

    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.