Sunday, January 5, 2014

Hello, Seattle

I had been waiting for you the moment I stepped on the plane. When I stepped off, there you were. Like a dream; the way you held me, and then way I felt like I was a million miles away from any problems. It was perfect.

Seattle was the city of dreams for me. We spent some time either in the apartment as you worked from home, and I adjusted to the time difference. But when we went out, the mountains captivated me--I've always held a special place in my heart for them. Seattle was different than Atlanta. There were city lights, there were attractions, but we were always near or on a mountain. I remember looking out the window as we drove into Seattle one night, and I was blown away. To my right was a mountain glittered in city lights. I had never seen anything like it. They were like stars close enough to reach.

I suddenly knew this place could be right for me. The mountains, the cold chill in the air, the love. This is what I needed. I can't wait to be with you again.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jennifer! I know I don't comment much on your blog, I'm a silent reader but I've been enjoying your blog so much!!
    And because you deserve THREE awards:

    http://bentbow.blogspot.com/2014/01/awards-really.html

    Of course you don't have to do this stuff if you don't feel like it or don't have time... but just know that I've been enjoying your writings and I appreciate and love your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! That's so sweet! Don't be silent anymore, you're a sweetheart.

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.