Friday, January 24, 2014

2014 Is About the Experiences



With 2013 being a year of experiences, dares and courage, I want to make 2014 worth it. So far, I already have big plans lined up to ensure such a thing. For instance, Feb. 21, Trey and I will finally be married, and then I'll be moving out to the West Coast with him. I have lived in Georgia my entire life, and while I don't have as thick of an accent as most people because I grew up in the Atlanta area, I still am a Georgia peach. Folk, bluegrass and some mainstream country (SOME) are the bulk of what I love music-wise, and I don't think that I would feel the same way or as strongly about that music if I grew up out of the south (although acoustic music that often gets mistaken for folk by these hipster-y kids might have been on my list, who knows?). I cannot wait to finally be reunited with Trey and be with him all the time. When I met him in college, going home for breaks without him was tough enough (well, the big breaks, anyway), but he's been on the other side of the country from me since last February. Which is why I'm so happy that I got to actually see Washington and spend a week with him. And I'm even more happy that he'll be coming down, we'll get married, and then I'll be going out with him permanently. Had it been earlier in our relationship, I think it would have been much harder. But after three years, we are more secure and we were much busier with work ourselves, so there were distractions, occasionally. The closer it gets to the day, the more excited I get.

The next big experience is a package deal: the honeymoon. We're going to Orlando for five days and we're spending three days at Universal Studios and getting to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Because we're nerds like that. Getting to go back to Universal for only my second time will be an amazing time and I'll get to do it with Trey; going to HP World is going to be even better. I've waited to go for the first time with him--and I just heard it's expanding to include Gringott's which is so cool! Granted, we won't see that happen when we go, but the idea is just too awesome. Whenever we do come back to the East Coast for a visit or otherwise, getting to ride that ride will be awesome! At the end of the trip, we'll be driving to Tampa to see Demi Lovato on her Neon Lights Tour! I'm so excited for this, and Trey is a sweetheart because he has agreed to go despite the fact that it's going to be a pop-y and girly time. I have some hope he might sort of enjoy himself, even if he doesn't care for the music--he's really, really picky sometimes. I don't really get his taste in music at all.

Then we'll be moving to Washington. This is another experience I cannot wait for because I cannot wait to go somewhere new and meet new people and experience life somewhere else. As scared as I was at first, I'm actually excited now. I always said I would like to see other places. And Washington is pretty much all mountains, so that is something I cannot wait to come back to.

Last year, I spent a lot of it learning about anxiety disorder and how it's affected me (because I didn't know anything about it before) and enjoying life and the people in it as much as possible. Whether my big experience for the day was just spending time with friends or going to a really rewarding journalism conference, I experienced so much and did so much from beginning to end of last year. This year, I want to build on that. I want 2014 to be about meeting great people, visiting fun places, keeping a positive attitude, making sure I stay healthy and living in the moment. I'm not even the least bit nervous about the future. I'm secure in what I have learned at school and my abilities, and I wouldn't have felt that way now without the year I just had. It's so overwhelmingly wonderful to know that I can take on any challenge. Granted, it helps having a mild medication to help level out my anxiety, but I haven't felt this great and confident in years. I cannot wait to take on 2014. Until February 21, however, I will be enjoying the long break I've had from everything before life gets crazy. You can't blame me for that, right?

2 comments:

  1. I'm super stoked that you're moving forward and living your dreams. I'm seriously sad that we only live 1-2 hrs apart and I haven't gotten to meet you before you go :(. But I'll totally let you go for the fact that you're getting married soon! ;) What an incredible day it will be for sure. And you better frickin post pictures of Washington! I'm SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you that you're getting ahead in life and facing your fears/conquering your dreams. That is just so inspiring and powerful. I would have never guessed you had anxiety too. I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks before POTS, so I definitely know how it is to go through that disorder. I really love that you're embracing life and your strength. Whether you know it or not, it really affects other people's lives too, knowing that it is possible to live out your dreams and not fear them. Ever since I got engaged to Josh, I have seriously feared the wedding day. Time is ticking down to when we will marry (this November) even though it's only close family and everything will be okay. I just hate the anticipation or the "what if i pass out" that constantly rings in the back of my mind. I think if I do pass out, the family is pretty used to it by now so it shouldn't be too much of a biggie ;P. But after reading this and how hungry you are for adventure and love, it really makes me want to be passionate about my life as well. Thank you for posting this and always inspiring me so much. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was so sweet, Lyndsey! I truly do love you so much. And I want you to not worry because like you said you will be around people who know you and love you and so if something were to happen, they know how to handle it and they won't make you feel worse about it. And I want to see those wedding photos. I have your address and I'm going to be sending you pictures of Washington directly! Hahaha. But yeah, I hate that we haven't actually met yet. I do want to make that happen. We still have a little less than a month. Let's see what we can do? You have just as much passion, you just gotta go out there and show the world. :) <3

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.