Thursday, October 3, 2013

An Early Reflection

The last time I looked at a calendar, I could have sworn it was 2012. We were all speculating if a Mayan prophecy would come to full fruition by December--we were doing what we do every year but it was a different year so it felt different for its own reasons.

And 2012 brought me new realizations about myself, some things I'm still learning. Revelations don't come all at once. There's one big quake with aftershocks rippling after it. Revelations are unsettling, surprising and invigorating. Things make sense, for once.

When 2013 began, I discovered more about myself than I ever thought I would. Music, people and moments that would usually mean something to me suddenly meant even more. I was getting somewhere. I was becoming someone--someone that I finally liked. The best part: I'm finally at a place where I can say I do have confidence--even when it seems like it's faltering. I'm stronger. I'm making my way towards fearless, finally.

But what is even more impressive about the "I's" of 2013, are the people who made this year worth exploring. The year isn't over yet.

"I am positive that I am still 'me', I'm just exploring and experiencing life. I'm living, man, and it's pretty good." - Maggie


3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love your reflective posts :) Learning something about ourselves should never end nor should the learning diminish. We're multi-dimensional beings. It's enlightening and strengthening when we discover something new about ourselves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen! And you're definitely right about that. :)

      Delete
  2. "...fearless" I like the sound of that:)
    Clenia Gigi

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.