Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Things that I love Tuesday:

I've been in a funk all day (I would blame my teacher, but I guess that's not too fair, but she didn't really have to have that test this morning when we just took her first exam like two weeks ago).

But after a long nap, I am feeling a little better. I'm going to try and stay positive for the rest of the night as I sit in the library working on projects, and as a way to start off this positive mood, I'm going to post some things I love from the past month that made it on my Instagram account...



The game Catan. I just started playing with my friends Becka and Eric, and I really love it. I bought Becka the Seafarer's expansion for her birthday and we played for awhile that night.


This picture of my dad and my stepmother Mindy. Their wedding was a couple of weekends ago. I didn't get to go, but my brother snapped this beautiful shot of them together that day.


This picture of two of my best friends. (Amber, Becka and I.) Amber was actually our editor-in-chief of our university paper, and now that's me, and Becka switched from web editor to multimedia editor. I mean, if you live in the office, your friends are basically just gonna' have to be the other fools stuck in there with you, eh? No, but, really... They're beautiful people--inside and out.


This piece of inspiration hanging on my roommate's closet door:

DESIDERATA
"Go placidly amid the noise & haste, & remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly & clearly; and listen to others, even the dull & ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud & aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain & bitter; for always there will be greater & lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity & disenchantment it is perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue & loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees & the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors & aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery & broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy."


Letters from friends!


Sometimes, I joke around that I hate it, but I seriously love my job. It's the best thing ever.


Another one of my beautiful best friends, Chelsea. We haven't gotten to spend as much time as we usually do together, so far this semester, but we still have a few months before I graduate.


This fortune I got! Let's hope so...


This sign at JCPenney. I want to high five the employee that did this.


Freebies from Pura Vida Bracelets! ;)


And this trenta iced coffee from Starbucks. (This picture is from a couple of weeks ago, specifically when I was posting about hating my life and living in the library, if you saw any of that. I told myself no coffee or fried meats for this week--gotta get my skin and body back on track and gotta get more sleep.)

6 comments:

  1. I love it! I love when bloggers do instagram posts because I feel like there is more to the story than just the pictures! Living your life in the office? Consuming your coffee like mad? Are you me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, we might be twins! And yeah, I like to think that occasionally doing some picture posts breaks it up a little for da reada's! :D

      Delete
  2. OHMYGOODNESS YOU LIKE CATAN :D
    it's so hard to find someone who's heard of that game. at least where i'm at.

    i pretty much love everything else in your post as well :) these are all things i love too.

    http://iloveyouvalentine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad! And yeah, I just heard about it, and I'm glad I did.

      Delete
  3. How adorable! I invite you also to my blog, I think that you will like it and join...have nice day<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I hope you have a nice day, too.

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.