Thursday, January 31, 2013

100 Words: A Reminder

Have you ever read a beautiful piece? I did a notable piece, once. I remember my eyes tearing up before my mind had even time to wonder why. My body was working through the imagery before any literary analysis could be made. Because I didn't need the literary analysis to know it was poetry--poetry in motion, poetry flying overhead like a hummingbird. Just like the hummingbird Doyle spoke about in his piece--admirable jewels with tiny hearts racing at ten beats per second.

I tack "Joyas Voladoras" to my cork board in the office, as a reminder of my own heart and the weight it carries every day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to check this out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful! Once again, I'm sorry I accidentally hit "delete" on your comment. Definitely a mistake I didn't want to make. It was lovely.

      Delete

Anon allowed again!