Monday, December 17, 2012

To Be Lazy



I remember that hazelnut cream warmed me even better than the coffee--it was the best cup of coffee I had ever had in that dining hall. Perhaps it was just sweeter because it would be my last for the semester.

I stepped out of my last final exam with a sense of pride--I do not know how well I did, but I did it. That, above all things, was important Friday morning. I would see Trey soon, and I would be relaxed soon. I could lower my shoulders from their usual tense state; I could breathe without fear I have to get up and sprint to the office again.

All work that I could do had been done, and now when my email wakens my phone, it is junk mail--the lazy sound of junk unneeded and unwanted. I have grown quite fond of this laziness. I have bustled more papers outside of the classroom than I have inside of it these past few months, only to see my bed late at night when I was ready to lay my head down and hardly sleep. I could not even recall the details of that bedroom to anyone if necessary. The bedroom was a state foreign to me: slumber.

But I am sleeping better now, even with a little Boston Terrier laying across my feet. She is a sign of comfort I need at night while I am far away; while I am far away from work and due dates. If only I could be closer to some of whom I love.

8 comments:

  1. hey girly! Sorry it took me a little while to get to your blog. You write very lovely! But now I want waffles! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! And waffles are awesome, haha. That was a very tasty waffle that morning, too. :P

      Delete
  2. Those waffles look delicious. Also I want a boston terrier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah they can be pretty cool dogs :P

      Delete
  3. It definitely feels good to not do anything. Finishing finals was a HUUUUGE relief. I hope you have a wonderful break.

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all of your wonderful comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :D It's my pleasure.

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.