Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Holiday Cheer



It finally feels like that time of year: the jolly time of Christmas when sleigh bells are used as the down-beat of every song instead of synthesizers, when everything is decorated in red and green and when time moves along just a little slower so you can savor each moment. Last year, Christmas was impetuous and formulated. We went through the motions, hand-in-hand, in the most uninspired fashion--all the while, I wished he was near me so that someone was willing to spend it with me.

Now there is something more at peace with me. The holiday cheer is there and it's exciting. It has been cold the past few days, and I am wearing my warmest clothes. Some Christmas movie is playing, but I pay it no mind--it is the background noise to my own Christmas movie.

The tree has ornaments of what we like, pictures of all of us together and lights that brighten up the room. This is what I needed when I came home--I needed a home. It's nice to see all the presents under the tree; my dad gets excited and smiles because he can give us something this year. But I'm just happy to see him smile. I'm happy to have a reason to smile. I'm happy to know we're all happy. Home isn't much if there is no one there to greet you with a smile when you walk through the door. It's nice to have that this Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeeekk, I love christmas! I couldn't be more excited about spending a few quiet days at home with my family :)

    Just popped over to say hi from 20sb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you! And Christmas is absolutely wonderful! I can't believe it's so close!

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.