Monday, October 8, 2012

Today I am 22-years old






This weekend was the kick-off to my 22nd birthday. In case you were wondering, that's today, Oct. 8. Most of our newspaper editorial staff got to go to the local theme park (where they also filmed part of "Zombieland"--just saying [that's really the only cool part to it, to be honest]), and got media passes to explore the park for their Halloween theme this year!

The scary stuff was a lot of fun! It was my first time--in awhile--going to something like haunted houses. There were several trails--in the woods, in houses and in cornfield mazes that were full of creatures and people waiting to scare you!


(This cool guy was just hanging around trying not to step on children.)

Quite possibly, though, my favorite part, was getting to see all the animals--and even though it was behind glass, I still got VERY close to a tiger, and I considered taking him home with me. We named him Hobbes.








It was definitely a day to remember. I wish I had taken more pictures of the scarier stuff.




I still can't get over how beautiful that tiger is...

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and now we are on the same age! Happy 22nd!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! Happy Birthday! xo. Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haaaaaapppy Birthday!! It looks like you had a fantastic day, good for you! Ironically, my birthday is the day before yours (Oct 07) hehe!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cool you went to the park they filmed zombieland at!! and happy birthday!! it looks like you an awesome day :)

    xo Diana

    Dressed Up Alligators

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.