Monday, June 11, 2012

A Picture Post: The Rain



When it rains, it pours--that's the motto of summer. And when it pours, I find myself lacking in drive. I would much rather cozy up in a comfortable chair and let the television lull me to sleep than do something energetic and motivational.



The house creaks a little as the wind picks up and falls. The rain falling through the gutters consistently pitters and patters. It looks dimly glorious outside, but inside I am warm and dry.



Each morning, after the rain has done its worst, I go outside to find the last few remains of spring romantically destroyed. Whenever the sun does decide to show, blooms that have broken off will shrivel under its glare and become but a memory.



It is much safer in here. I have all the peace and contentment I could ever need. I can hear the rain coming again; time to bundle-up.

-----

Just trying something different today. It has been an odd day for me around the house and work-wise. Actually, an odd couple of weeks. All photos are from my Instagram account (because I'm a follower). You can follow me on Instagram, if you would like: dearjenna.

18 comments:

  1. I love when it rains. It let's me calm down from the rest of my stressful life.

    <3
    kimberrleigh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Thanks for the comment. :)

      Delete
  2. I love rainy days...although we see few here in AZ.

    Your heart shaped egg in a hole looks cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of a starchy breakfast, but I definitely love it! :D Glad you could tell there's a heart. ;)

      Delete
  3. I loved this! The photos are especially inspiring. I like for nothing more than to curl up on a rainy day and read...or write!

    Happy Tuesday,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I definitely agree! If I hadn't been so sleepy when I wrote it I would have knocked out a book or two. :)

      Delete
  4. These are some beautiful photos. I love them. Lately, it has been raining here where I am in NC as well. For a few days now, actually. I like rainstorms, though they've given me a rather gloomy mood in the mornings since the clouds are grey.

    ~Wendy Lu

    The Red Angel Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah lately it's been really sunny and hot. Sigh. I want the rain again.

      Delete
  5. I love rain, but I totally understand what you mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one of the joys of rain is just staying indoors and curling up with a blanket. :)

      Delete
  6. so perfect! i absolutely love just cuddling up when it's pouring rain ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your picture of the fallen blossoms. Rain is an excellent reason to sit back and relax.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.