Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Quiet

Things are different around the house. There is a quiet here--not a joyful peace or suffocating silence. It's just quiet. I have remained distracted by three four-legged creatures who drool and crave attention; I clean house and cook... It's a role I have taken on before.

Years ago, when the same quiet shook our foundation, and engulfed us in its complete lack of comfort, I cleaned and cooked as if I had my whole life. Then, it helped distract me same as it is now. Some nights I just stay up cleaning until I know all evidential remains are scrubbed out of existence. I don't like change, but I've learned to cope. And I suppose coping with Windex is better than coping with a bottle of something else.

9 comments:

  1. What's going on Oompa Loompa? I hope everything's okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is relatively fine. I'll catch you up to speed soon. We need to hangout sometime.

      Delete
    2. That we do.. LOL And bring your man friend along, too. I'd love to meet this dude!

      Delete
    3. uh he doesn't live near here, can't exactly do that too easily lol... i'm going to text you today. be looking out homie.

      Delete
  2. I understand this quiet you speak of. It's an unsettling silence that just feels... wrong. The moment of silence between the thunder and the lightning. I felt this long ago when I found my mother and they rushed her to the hospital. The police had left, everyone was gone and I was at home, alone. That's when I learned this silence. I do hope that you are in a less dramatic state from which you can recover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that. Nothing too dramatic here, just the usual ups and downs of life... Nothing wonderful, nothing terrible.

      Delete
    2. Sometimes that grey area can be the worst of it all. At least in tragedy there is thought and reason. In nothing there is... Nothing. Be careful not to become lost, dear.

      Delete
  3. Sweetie u are so sweet! Can we follow each other? Kisses from Romania!

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and sure I'll check out your blog later. :)

      Delete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.