Saturday, March 24, 2012

100 Words: Cleansing

Rain comes in phases--it pours, it sprinkles, the sun appears, it pours. Is the weather taking cues from me? The sun’s rays burn my eyes. The ground reflects its sparkle.

A bittersweet feeling of where I am lingers in the humid air. Then the breeze comes—a soft, soothing breeze overpowering my senses. I have chills.

This is what cleansing feels like. This is where I start again. I gather my thoughts, organize my folders, push away all of my thoughts and complaints properly filed under “first world problems,” and just enjoy what I Have.

Here I will refresh.

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you! you should see my list of ways to stay calm and center myself. considered taking up yoga...

      Delete
  2. Wonderful :) I am convinced that if I only lived by the ocean overlooking those turquoise waters all I would have to do is close my eyes and breath in the fresh salty air to refresh and center myself :) Till then though, I suppose this would work ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big beach person, but I do love quiet, cool coasts. The beaches closest to us are always the high-traffic and beyond hot coasts. No fun.

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is very nice. Everything is design in well manner. I am finding this type of information from long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I try to keep it organized. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Ah the cleansing and creative power of rain :D Lovely.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely post. nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really great post. Thanks for sharing. I ought to think of writing 100 word posts myself.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps when you don't have the time to write full-out developed posts, like me.

      Delete
  8. This is beautiful Jennifer. You have such a lovely, old soul.

    Hugs and happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Anon allowed again!