Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Need To Compartmentalize

I wish I could say I care that it is Earth Day, or that it feels wonderful outside, or all of the pleasantly joyful things I might typically say. But this is no typical day for me. Today is the day I organize my notebooks and start an intense studying schedule for the numerous tests, quizzes and final exams I will be facing within the next couple of weeks. It is a stressful time for us all.

Which is why I asked a friend of mine to pray for me before I left home Sunday. We did not sit down and pray, but he did promise he would. That was enough to keep me smiling despite my unwillingness to come back to campus and fight these beasts. Sometimes, I wonder what I would do without him in my life. I gave him the best hug I could muster and did not want to let go. He has faith in me, and because he has faith that I will get through it all, I have to have faith that I can push through anything.

There are people in my life that believe I can do anything. While I politely disagree, it is nice to have that biased support. I am not sure where I would be without it. I probably would not even be in school if there had not been a group there telling me I could do well and it would benefit me later.

So, despite my want to just wrap myself in a blanket and sleep until my summer vacation begins, I am going to push forward, but not before I give a little thanks. I have to remember I am here and worth something because of those that give me worth. I am no one without someone beside me who thinks I am worth the cheer. To all of my blogging friends who always leave me wonderful comments, and to all of my friends and family who are always there for me: thank you. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

I needed to take the time to remember why I am here and push aside those pathetic feelings of wanting to give up when I am so close to the end. I have a reason and a purpose for being here and people who care whether or not I make it. I will make it through this. I just need to compartmentalize: first my mind, next my notes.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds like a special friend you have there. Could it be the start of something new? Sorry, if I'm being nosy haha.

    And we all need a little support to get through life, I'm sure we were built that way:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, well...
    You never say "never," right?

    But I'm not counting my blessings on that one.
    He's just a big support system in my life.

    And yes. He's great. He's definitely someone I want to have around as long as I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Sounds like lots of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, dude.
    I'm really gonna' need it. :|

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Make me proud!" it says right here. And we do. There's a reason for that. You're it. We all know you can get there. Whisper a little thought for Jennifer this week everybody. Go Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.