Saturday, December 5, 2009

Jingle Bell Festival

In McDonough, Saturday, December 5, was the night of the annual Christmas tree lighting and parade. After remembering this, I was depressed I would not be home from school in time to see it. However, my good friend, Chelsea, text-messaged me that morning and asked me if I would like to go to Valdosta's Jingle Bell Festival and parade. My thoughts, most definitely: yes! So, we made our way there and though the festival was small (due to lack of real advertisement this year and the weather actually dropping down to 40-degrees) it was still a lot of fun. I hung out with Chelsea and her friend, Amanda, and walked around downtown looking at booths, getting a caramel latte from Hildegard's, and waiting for the parade--the main event. We goofed off, chatted, and freezed our butts off, but I feel it was worth it. I cannot tell you how many times I actually said, "Chelsea, thank you so much for taking me!" I believe I was grinning from ear-to-ear the whole time. Here are some shots taken throughout the day, hope you enjoy!

(The only thing I regret is not adjusting the ISO on my camera before taking the parade pictures as it got darker. However, that is how you live and learn in photography... Sometimes, when you are looking through the lens, you cannot always tell what the outcome of a photograph will be once uploaded onto a bigger screen.)






(That couple was really nice and their baby was so cute.)








4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to go and enjoy this Christmas Classic! And thanks for sharing the adventure with us< too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I'm very happy to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cool pictures! Looks fun. Great blog, i'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.