Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11, 2001



This is a day that our generation will always remember.

I'm sure in times of a crisis, many generations before us have thought we would never understand. But we all know where we were. I know I remember exactly where I was on this day. I remember what I was doing, what I was thinking. I may be on the other side of the East Coast, but I still remember how I felt when I saw the tragedy of the Twin Towers.

I was in the comfort of my living room while I watched it on television.

I can only imagine what the men, women and children felt as they stood in the heart of New York City and saw the fire consume their air. Running from smoke, dust and flames. Frightened by the towers falling to the grounds...

It's a day we will never forget. A day that still invokes a lot of emotion. A day that doesn't need to be hated for the ones that terrorized America. It is a day that needs to be remembered for its heroes that fell at Ground Zero to save the several who were victim to this crime. It's a day to remember what all those that serve America do for us. Whether they be firefighters or a part of the Marines, they are all important.

September 11, 2001.

7 comments:

  1. I'll never forget. I live up in New York, not too far from the city, and we had a couple of firefighters die that day. Every year my school choir comes on and sings patriotic songs.

    On that day, I was in third grade and all the nervous mothers were picking up my fellow classmates. I wasn't picked up early. I remember going home and seeing it on TV. My very pregnant (and extremely nervous) mother and my brother were watching. At the time I didn't get it, but after a few days I understood.

    As it says in your picture, I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you said Marines instead of just military in general! OORAH!!! YOU MAKE ME HAPPY JUNIOR OOMPA LOOMPA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen to Streetlight Manifesto by any chance?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, can't say I've heard of it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Tis a ska band! Crazy facken thing, best concert in earth's history. Just thought boot yer title, they have a song called so.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srFcYHosjsc

    Cheers :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. -- Thanks! I'll look into them.

    -- Thanks, Disguise. Drop by again sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.