Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day



Happy Father's Day everyone! Today is a time where family gathers around the head honcho and gives him some encouragement for all he does for the ones he loves. Your family could be like Justin Wilmot's whose opinions never quite settle with your own, thus like he, you find yourself alone and quite reserved at gatherings. Or, you could have family that supports you in everything like Adam Freeman's father, Papa G. Regardless of who your family is, be happy you belong to one.

In my immediate family, I am nowhere near reserved. I voice my opinions, I play, I bicker, and I laugh--all things that should be condoned, to a degree, in a healthy household. And though my father makes mistakes like any person, he has always put my brother and I first in his life. We eat before he eats. He works, we play--which is not very fair, but my current situation has left me no time to find a job that will hire me for a mere month; and my brother is only thirteen. He is an all-around good dad.

Even from the time that I was baby, I was a Daddy's Girl. My mother may have resented it, but I was unwilling to change sides. He has given me common sense and valuable wisdom and reason to go after what I want most. It is because of my father that I have what I have and I am who I am. Words cannot truly express how grateful I am.

Today is not about the musical Superman card from Hallmark that I signed. Today is not even about the lemon meringue pie that Shanna plans on baking. Today is simply about the good my father has done and respect I have for him.

It is my hope that those reading do not have a rough relationship with their father. If you do, I am sorry, but I hope you can recall at least one special memory you have of your father to help you as you celebrate. Remember: everyone deserves their day.

Thank you Daddy for all you have done for me! I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous allowed! Comments are moderated, but please don't be shy. :) HTML allowed.